Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WEDNESDAY: Holidays

I have recently contracted a very annoying case of tonsilitis. When I swallow, it feels like I tried to deep throat a porcupine. Two nights ago, I also had a fever which made me have really strange and deeply disturbing dreams. I thought I became trapped in some kind of infinite mathematical loop. Sounds kind of nerdy but I cannot remember ever feeling so scared. It felt like I was doomed to spend eternity counting peculiar shapes. Really weird.


Anyway, now to the main purpose of this post. Here is a list of movies I plan to watch or have already watched in the holidays. For your viewing convenience, I've linked each one to their IMDb page. (By the way, I really don't like the new IMDb layout :/)


Rope
I've already watched this one and really enjoyed it. It's a lesser-known Hitchcock movie only about 80 minutes long and all takes place in one set. Basically these two students decide to murder one of their colleagues for fun and then host a party, using the chest where they store the dead body as a dining table. Suspenseful stuff.

Jaws
My sister was sitting next to me when we watched this and she got pretty scared.

The Great Escape
I saw this at the library and borrowed it because it's very famous. Haven't seen it yet.

The Godfather
When I first watched this, I found it hard to understand. I get easily confused when movies have a lot of exposition. Anyway, I'll be watching this again.

There Will Be Blood
No Country for Old Men
I lumped these two movies together because they're both gritty looking dramas made in the same year and as a result, I often get them confused with each other. Alex has been recommending I've watched these movies for a while so I hopefully will.

Raging Bull
Taxi Driver
The Departed
Again, these are all grouped together because they're all Martin Scorsese films. Apparently he's a really really good director and the first two movies are some of his best. Scorsese's next movie is going to be in 3D, making him the only decent director to use it besides James Cameron, the guys at Pixar (and maybe Tim Burton).

The Indiana Jones Series
The only Indiana Jones movie I've watched is the fourth one, which apparently is the crappiest of the series and I still really liked it.

2001: A Space Odyssey
People who've watched this might think I'm retarded for subjecting myself to this again. The first time I watched it, my reaction was very much a wtf. Anyway, I hope to see it again because I have reason to believe I'll enjoy it now.

Amelie 
I saw part of this in English and thought it was really cool.


Well that's my movie list for this holidays. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll get through more than 50% of this list because I'm quite busy what with piano exam, agriculture and the DKT. On top of this list, there's a few books I really want to read but if I don't have time to watch movies, then I doubt I'll have time to read books. After the HSC, I'm going to make up for all this and watch a movie every day, read a book every week and probably die from mental explosion.

No comments: