Friday, September 17, 2010

THURSDAY: Things that give me the shits

After my amazingly lengthy last post, I've been trying to follow it up with something worth reading. Initially, I planned to write about my opinion on the 'Are video games art?' debate that has been circulating for a while. However, upon reading some discussions on the topic, I realised a lot of comments were about the definition of art. And noone wants to read about that.

For those who are interested though, my brief opinion on the matter is that this argument is about whether or not video games will be accepted by authoritative scholars as a medium worthy of sitting next to literature, music and so on. My (kind of simplistic) idea is that this will probably happen in about forty years for the simple reason that this is how long it took for the same thing to happen for film. If I'm right, then the video game equivalent of Citizen Kane is due for release at around 2025. Can't wait.


Ho-humph chortle chortle

So with that out of the way, here's a list of things that give me the shits:

Printers:
In any computer set-up the printer is usually the part most likely to screw up. It's also the only part that requires you to pay buttloads of money to refill it every once in a while. I remember one time I had to print someone's assignment for them and my printer decided to not print half the second page. It was pretty late at night and I didn't realised this happened. I submitted the assignment and as a result, she got a really crap mark. That was kind of embarrassing. Luckily this was in Year 10 so it didn't matter.

Jason Derulo:
His music gives me the shits. He's not on the radio anymore so that makes me happy. Actually I really like most of the songs on the charts right now.

The two guys who directed 'Epic Movie', 'Disaster Movie' etc.:
If you've watched any of their movies, then I won't even have to explain this. If not, just look up any of their trailers.

Actually, I'll admit that something good did actually come out of these two guys. Recently they released 'Vampires Suck', which is a parody of Twilight. Watch the trailer below and you'll see it looks quite terrible. (To be fair though, they're actually improving. There's one or two good laughs.) Reading the comments for the trailer though is good entertainment. There's the people who love Twilight and think this movie is hilarious (and probably pat themselves on the back for having a good sense of humour). There's people who hate Twilight and think this movie is hilarious (and pat themselves on the back for hating Twilight). And if you're lucky, you might someone who loves the Twilight books, but hates the movies for ruining Edward Cullen and so love this movie for making fun of the movies that ruined the 'best book series ever'.

There's so much self-indulgent enjoyment to be had from reading the comments of people more retarded than you.



Moralfags
These be the fags censoring our moviez and video gamez and trying to filter our internets. Grargh.

No comments: