Thursday, September 23, 2010

THURSDAY

I have just finished reading Infinite Crisis, which is a massive cross-over story with almost every hero in the DC multiverse.

The mythology and background behind the DC universe(s) is so amazingly vast that it makes the Silmarillion look like a travel brochure. Not saying its all worth reading, but over the years they've created thousands of characters, each with their own (usually) unique set of stories. So its pretty epic when they fit so many of them in one story without bogging it down. I enjoyed this comic so much I was going to write more about it. But I realised the only person I know who'd be interested in something like this would be Louie.

On the topic of stuff I read, I also borrowed another Sandman graphic novel from the school library. I still maintain the Sandman series (I'm not referring to the Spiderman villain, by the way) is the best I've ever read and I really really really recommend anyone to read it. I also read a volume of Astro Boy and it was very cute, for lack of a better word.

You may have noticed I only read comics as opposed to actual books. Well yeah, who the hell reads books.

No comments: