Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tennis

I've recently been watching Wimbledon until really late and I was really pissed off that the network decided to only show one Roger Federer match which I missed especially since I stayed up almost every other night to see if he was on.

Anyway, I was really sad when Federer lost in the quarter finals because I really thought that this year was his comeback year. It made me realize that even though I thought that his greatness would last forever, it really didn't and the game of tennis really isn't the same anymore. While watching the Wimbledon finals, I discovered how boring tennis is in comparison to when RF plays. Really Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal were just hitting the ball as hard as they could at each other and seeing who could hit harder. Of course those two are actually good players, they have excellent court coverage for one, but somehow they lack the artistry with which Roger Federer plays with. For anyone who also watched the match, most of the time Djokovic tries to hit it to Rafa's backhand and Rafa tries to do the same. It was pretty boring. Obviously there were some really good points but every time that happened I always thought if Federer played, it would look a lot proer. In one of the points Rafa tries to do a backhand smash and it just turns into a really easy point for djokovic cos he smashes it back. It's not really an easy shot so good on him for trying. In another point Rafa tries to do a tweener but he seriously screws it up and it just ends up going nowhere. It was pretty funny because the ball went nowhere near the other side of the court, it just went off to the side and it was probably worth me wasting like 2.5 hours just to see that shot. Again, it's actually a ridiculously difficult shot to hit and kudos for trying but please just leave it to Federer next time. Watching that match made me realize how much I miss see Federer playing.

Also check out this match between Pete Sampras and Roger Federer. The Pete Sampras guy is seriously pro, I think maybe even better than Federer cos he's actually really old in that video. I bet if he played now, he would still be in the top 10.

That is all.

No comments: