Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter - To Tim: HACK IT HACK IT HACK IT HACK IT

So since the new Harry Potter movie came out I've been thinking about it a lot especially after I watched the trailer and it looks really good. This time around I have been trying to resist reading the book before I see the movie because all the critics say that it's really confusing if you don't read the books so I'm trying to see if that's really true. And I want to test whether or not the story in the movie is actually any good (no one seriously goes to watch HP for the story right?). I think the HP series is really a sort of visual experience rather than one for plot or acting or dialogue but I think that's ok because the films are actually quite good looking. I think my favourite one is the Half-Blood Prince because the colours and lighting and stuff actually enhanced the mood instead of just trying to look pro, which it did.

Anyway I was wondering why they suddenly changed the Death Eaters being able to travel in black spirals all of a sudden (it sort of looks like the shadow blade in fruit ninja). I mean it looks really really cool but why would they do that if they could just apparate? And it wasn't in the books either so I have no idea what sort of magic they're doing.

Also, WHY THE FUCK do wizards use quills? It's completely illogical. I'm pretty sure in the first few books the students always complain about blotches on their books because of the use of quills and their ink spilling everywhere and ink pots getting smashed etc. etc. Quills have no magical properties, are expensive, are difficult to use and also cumbersome. Which witch (haha geddit?) or wizard was stupid enough to decree that the wizarding world could only use quills? Seriously can't they see that there is a perfect solution to all their quill problems if they used a pen?!?! OR a pencil?! I guess pureblood wizards and witches can't be blamed that much because they probably would never heard of a pen or pencil but seriously, Harry what the hell? Didn't you ever stop to think "Screw these stupid quills I'm gonna use a pen."? Or Hermione. Aren't you supposed to be the smart one?!?!? What the hell was going through your mind when you switched from pen to quill?!?!? Was it "Oh I love this new more inconvenient stationery. I think i prefer this over the pen which I have been using which historically is actually an evolution and improvement on the quill." . Stupid bitch.

That is all.

No comments: