Wednesday, January 19, 2011

WEDNESDAY

I managed to watch Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World. Having read the comic series a few weeks ago (and really really liked it), there was one thing about the movie that I didn't really like.


Michael Cera's high pitched voice and awkward movements don't really fit Scott. In the comic he has crazy manga-like expressions and is generally a highly energetic character. So in that way the movie's not completely faithful to the comic. But looking at the movie by itself, it was pretty good.

Another book I read a few weeks ago (and really really liked) that's going to be adapted to film is Jane Eyre. It's getting produced by Focus Features, which is a division of Universal Pictures so it's probably going to be screening in most major cinemas when it comes out. Not that I'll watch it though, because like, who the hell would see it with me.

Here's the trailer:



I'm going to have to agree with whoever wrote the top Youtube comment; that is the worst font I've ever seen in a trailer. The font alone makes a pretty decent trailer look like some shitty fan-made Twilight MV.

Well, that's all I have to write. Gotta get off the computer and let my sister play Maplestory now.

No comments: