Saturday, October 23, 2010

SATURDAY

A list of stuff that we don't do/have anymore:

Massive MSN group conversations (or convos):
Back in junior years, especially Year 7 and 8, we'd get these at least once a week. Some random would decide it'd be real funny to invite their whole contact list into one conversation. Usually what followed was people going 'WTF' and 'OMG I'M LAGGING' before arguing over who started the conversation.

I do remember though, that my best online memories (excuse how sad that sounds) were spent on really long group convos that stretched on til 1am. They were always about the most random topics and were usually pretty funny. Now Facebook has made the group convo redundant, though it just doesn't feel the same. I doubt people would have time for this kinda stuff in Year 12 anyway (or at least pretend they don't when in actual fact, they're probably wasting time anyway).

NJN:
The popular phrase that became a bonding point for half the grade at the expense of one unfortunate person.

Grade Camps:
We had our last one only a few months ago but I'm going to miss the feeling of night time on whole-grade camps. The staying up and talking until very late. The sneaking around to visit other people's rooms. Stuff like that.

Spin the Bottle:
I'm not sure if this is something all junior grades do or if it was just our grade, but up until about Year 10 whenever we had a school dance that inevitably meant playing spin the bottle outside the hall. This was back in the days when a hug was considered first base. All this silliness eventually stopped when we realised that at dances, the general idea is to dance.

Bebo:
I never used Bebo. In fact, I hated it. I just added this to make the list look bigger.

Ehehe I kind of feel all nostalgic and sentimental now. Some people say they miss primary school the most. I thought Year 7-9 was the best. For some reason school started feeling shit in Year 10.

On another topic, I think I just found the coolest professional comic book artist ever. Check out his deviantart gallery.

No comments: