Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TUESDAY

I watched Inception on Sunday and I really liked it. Usually after watching any of Christopher Nolan's films I get this massive 'wow' feeling. Like in Memento and The Dark Knight which either had a very unexpected twist or a really cool ending before abruptly cutting to the title card and closing credits (which seems to be a trademark of Nolan).

At the end of Inception, I didn't really feel that but I suppose I'm a little harder to impress now. What I really liked about the movie was its style. The climatic scenes, where the film cuts between four different layers of 'time' was really something and the trippy Escher-like effects made me feel completely pulled into these strange dream worlds. A particular scene I liked was a fight in a corridor where the gravity kept changing.

Despite the fact I try to watch a lot of movies, I don't often get to watch them in the cinema. Watching Inception, I was reminded how much better a film projector is over a computer monitor or television. I couldn't help but think how much more enjoyable a lot of movies I've watched would be if I saw them in a cinema. Oh well.

By the time most of you read this it'll be Wednesday or later. However, for anyone reading this today I hope you'll join me in hoping it rains tomorrow. Louie has been waiting to see Inception ever since it was announced (that would be almost a year) and he can't see it unless sport is cancelled and he watches it after school.

No comments: