Friday, August 13, 2010

FRIDAY

I've recently contracted a cold which really annoys me, though I won't complain too much about it because this blog gets enough of that from Louie. Every time I get a cold, I find different approaches to dealing with it. I try to think laterally to find creative ways of minimising my discomfort.

One of the things I hate most is how the skin beneath my nose gets really dry and raw from all the nose blowing I do. So one time, I deprived myself of tissues during my cold to stop this. This resulted in a lot of finger-wiping and mucus smeared on my clothes but, amazingly smooth and supple under-the-nose-skin.

Another approach was to 'soldier on' and be as physically active as possible so I'd forget I was ill. I think this kind of worked but I wouldn't want to try it again. Yesterday, I tried to solve the problem of a runny nose by stuffing tissues up my nostrils. This easy-to-do solution supposed to meant I could staunch the flow of runny mucus and get on with my work. Unfortunately I pushed the tissues too far in and did a massive sneeze, after which I found my left nostril was bleeding profusely.

At that moment, I felt a lot like Ralph Wiggum probably does when he picks his nose so hard it bleeds.


And now for the weather, which if you read my previous post we will hope is rainy on Wednesday so Louie can watch Inception. Right now, the chances of rain look good.

Of course, the weather is definitely going to be subject to change, especially since it's almost a fortnight away. But we can all hope for the best.

No comments: