Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Asian Medicine

This is a continuation of a post that was in my old blog. You can read that post here before reading this one. Basically it was about how wonderful and logical asian medicine is and how it is so unwaveringly based on science that it must work.

So the other day, my mum was telling me about how my grandmother has a wart on her nose and she can't get rid of it. My mum had a similar problem a few years back and she found the perfect remedy for it. Just prick your finger with a needle or something sharp and let the blood ooze out. Apparently warts are caused by your body being too hot, so it logically follows that if you let some blood out your temperature will decrease.
Hey, why don't we just go back to the Middle Ages and then put leeches on our wounds to suck out all the bad blood? And why don't we advance from the Middle Ages by not putting the leeches on the wound, but somewhere completely unrelated?

That is all.

No comments: