Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Dad

Have you noticed that most asians have cool dads? The mums are always mean and always screaming but dads are always cool. For example look at mychonny's dad, or kevjumbas dad (LOL papajumba app) or tysons dad (he's missing an eyebrow :D). Well my dad's not really cool, but he is kinda weird.
Almost everyday I come home from school I see my dad sitting on the couch listening to music. You might think that he has his headphones on so that no one else in the house will be disturbed. No. He has to have the volume up so that the floor shakes. It might be actually alright if the music he listened to was normal. But it's not. Here's a typical playlist my dad will go through in a day (not in any particular order):
  1. Chanting Monks
  2. Cannon fire (seriously)
  3. A man reciting chinese poetry
  4. A woman reciting chinese poetry
  5. Nature (like dogs barking, birds chirping)
  6. Celine Dion (O.O)
  7. Whitney Houston (O.O)
I wouldn't be too surprised if I came home one day and he was listening to Vuvuzela: The Greatest Hits CD. I should probably also mention that my dad also listens to some normal music, like classical music and Pink Floyd.

My dad's pride and joy is his stereo system. He has three high end amplifiers, one tuner, one CD player and 4 speakers. You can literally pick any component of his stereo system and it will be worth more than his car. Yes, even the wires. I should however point out that his car is only $500 (it used to be a taxi). If he sold all this we would probably be very rich. But then he'd be grumpier than usual. And that's not worth it.

That is all.

No comments: