Monday, July 12, 2010

201st POST!!!! TIME TO GET SERIOUS

In tune with the two recent posts by Vincent and Tim, I have also decided to make a long post about life and what it is like for me. This is a serious and thoughtful post filled with a vast amount of poignancy and prose, so if you were expecting something random along the lines of my previous posts, than you better not be reading this at all.

First of all, I'd like to voice something that has been plaguing my conscience for years. Have you ever noticed that the indicator lights of cars do not indicate at a constant rate? If you are lucky enough to see two cars side by side at an intersection wanting to turn in the same direction, observe how their indicator lights are at first unsynchronised, then they are synchronized, then they are not again. This could simply be a fault with the timing system of the indicator lights, but I am not one as to be so inclined to what others call as coincidences. What if the automobiles were sending secret messages via the timing of their indicator lights so that one day they may band together, transform into mechanized humanoids and rise up against mankind which has enslaved them for so long? Heed this dire warning: treat your automobillic bretheren kindly so that they may show mercy when our time is nigh.

And now to reflect on my past. In bygone times of primary school, if I had the option of school or home, I would have most definitely said school. In the bygone junior years of high school, given the same option I would have tentatively said home. Now in the present, if given the options again, it would probably elicit this response from me - "I am disinclined as to acquiesce to replying to your question". In other words, now, they both suck shit. This may probably be due to the fact that I am involved in no extra-cirricular school activities. Probably what made me aware of this was (ironically) Shakespeare Festival. While we were figuring out what dates we were able to fit into everyone's schedule, I noticed a sort of pattern. Here's basically what our conversations were like:

Teacher: Do you guys wanna practice monday arvo?
Vincent: Nah, I've got cadets.
Falko: Yeh me too
Tim: Yeh I've got cadets too.
Lindy: So have I.
Me: I've got tutoring
Teacher: How about friday afternoon?
Vincent: Nah I've got musical
Falko: Yeh me too.
Tim: Yeh I've got musical too.
Lindy: So have I.
Me: I've got tutoring.

But I digress.

Overall, I think I've matured quite a lot since when I was two. I no longer watch Playschool and hi five anymore (though i'm still partial to blues clues). I think that maturity is really reflected in my second paragraph where i actually concern myself with global issues. So now I can go on to get the dream job of being a doctor. Let's just hope House is a documentary.

That is all.

No comments: