Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TUESDAY

I missed a lot during the past 11 days. I went on a plane to New Zealand on Christmas which meant that not only was my Christmas spent on a plane, it was also cut short by 2 hours due to differing time zones. I also was asleep when the new year came in, which hasn't happened in a while. Louie also seems to have taken over my blog and ruined my neat titles of days spelt in capital letters. Moving on.

My family do some pretty cheap things on holidays. Like many, they know how to completely forage a hotel room for free coffee, soap, stationery and cutlery. But there's other things like going to a cafe, using their tables and chairs to have lunch and buying one little cup of coffee so we don't get kicked off. Then there's pretending I'm five years younger so I can get child tickets for stuff, which usually works and can save hundreds. We also went to some pick-your-own orchard and ate at least twice as many cherries as we picked. To save money when holidaying with family friends, we will squash at least three people on a double bed and sleep on the sofas to rent as few rooms as possible.

Sometimes you wonder what's the actual point of going overseas. The majority of the time we were either in a car or watching tv in the motel. We spent one night just going out to see a film. We could have done all of this in Australia.

Of course the holiday was actually fun and New Zealand actually looks as good as it does in Lord of the Rings. (Louie: I saw Mount Doom :D)

Please note this was written very late on my iPod so I apologise for any lack of coherency.

No comments: