Saturday, February 6, 2010

SATURDAY

Year 11 has been a hard, hard time for me so far. I often think back to the care free days of primary school, where everything was much simpler. If only I could go back. Well the thought occured to me that maybe I could, if I started doing stuff I did when I was in primary school. Relive the past. With that in mind, I tried playing Runescape.

Back when I did play Runescape I loved it so much. I talked about it at school. I thought about it all the time. I had dreams about it. It was the only thing I looked forward to every week. I remembered the satisfaction and sense of self-achievement every time I levelled up or got my new piece of armour. I thought of how little everyone I knew thought of Runescape but decided that something I once loved so much couldn't possibly be that bad.

Anyway long story short, I played it today and it's a terrible, boring game. I guess after all the other video games I've played in the past five years, a glorified point and click adventure just doesn't cut it anymore.

No comments: