Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What I do on the Internets

Quite a long while ago Alex told me that revealing embarassing entries in my Google search history would make for an interesting blog post. I thought this was a great idea but unfortunately I knew that I cleared my search history everyday to hide embarassing searches. However, when I googled a way to recover search data, I found this site.


It turns out that if you have a Google Account, then Google will keep a record of every search you have ever made. Privacy issues aside, this was pretty cool because it meant I could look at a list of every Google search I have made since Year 7. I spent about a very long time looking through the pages. It was kind of nostalgic, which is kind of sad.

There's also a feature which lets you see your most frequent search terms. Now, I would guess that a lot of people reading this probably have an image of me as a pretty untainted, innocent kinda guy. So that these people can continue holding this wholesome image of me, I have strategically blurred several terms on this list. The rest of you can fill the gaps with your imagination.


This isn't really an accurate representation of what I do on the internet. 'Kol wiki' is from some text-based game I was really into during Year 8. I don't look up Crysis 2 anymore since the game came out. 'Daily clicks' is for Neopets, which I have played intermittently over the years. 'Thesaurus' is to help me write my English essays (though I've kicked that habit now). And I don't really go on 4chan that much anymore.

The Top sites thing isnt really that accurate either since I only enabled it to start tracking a few weeks ago. I think the 'most visited' page on Chrome is a better representation. Right now it reads 'Facebook, Formspring, rogerebert.com, Youtube, Kongregate.

No comments: