Sunday, April 17, 2011

Minecraft

Minecraft is ruining my life. I can't sleep properly because I keep thinking about it. I had a dream about Minecraft last night. It's 1AM right now because I stayed up playing Minecraft, even though I was planning on doing something else tonight. On the plus side, my cavehouse is now amazingly cool. I spent the past hour channeling water from the nearby lake into little pools in my cave so I could grow sugar cane and wheat. Amazing. I also built a secret underwater entrance to my house, which was pretty cool as well.

I only started playing Minecraft on Thursday, so I managed to do some other things before that. In no particular order I watched:
- Where the Wild Things Are
- The Social Network
- Black Swan
- American History X

I thought these were all great movies and it'd be difficult for me to say straight off which one I liked the most. I'd recommend Where the Wild Things Are the most out of all of them because I'm guessing most people have seen the second and third movies and American History X is already on the imdb 250.

Also, I rewatched Vertigo and Citizen Kane (mostly because people talking about it on Facebook made me feel like watching it). I had an audio commentary by Roger Ebert on Citizen Kane that I was going to watch but I got pretty bored halfway. If anyone's doing it for English though, I'd say it's one of the most useful resources you could get on the movie.

I also read Maus, which I borrowed from our school library. I mention this a lot, but I have to mention it again: our school has an amazing graphic novel collection.

2 comments:

peggy said...

just want to thank you for promoting the library's graphic novel collection because yes it is fantastic. (:

( also for reccing 'where the wild things are' because i watched that as soon as it came out and no-one else did. )

Vincent said...

Hey peggy. I don't know if you'll ever read this but thanks for your thanks :D