Tuesday, February 8, 2011

OCD

Lately I've no noticed that for some reason the OCDs (Obsessive Compulsive Disorders), which were previously mild, are now becoming increasingly prevalent in my life. For example, I am now really picky about grammar and punctuation (instead of tawking lyk dis). Notice that I know start my sentences with capital letters (and so are my "I"s) and I actually used commas in the previous sentence. The fact that OCDs is underlined in red right now is really beginning to piss me off. Also I was reading this book and then I got really angry because it had a misplaced modifier. For those of you who don't know what misplaced modifiers are, here's an example:

Eagerly awaiting her birthday, Mary's presents were all picked up and admired by Mary many times throughout the course of the day.

If someone was to write this sentence and show me, here's what my reaction would have been like a few weeks ago:
"OK cool."
But if you gave that sentence to me today, this would be my reaction:
"WHAT THE HELL?!?! ARE YOU STUPID?! MARY'S PRESENTS DIDN'T EAGERLY AWAIT HER BIRTHDAY, IT WAS MARY!!! THE SENTENCE SHOULD READ Eagerly awaiting her birthday, Mary picked up and admired her presents many times throughout the day."

Also, my OCD on cleanliness is beginning to interfere with my life. I never sit down in my house with my school uniform on because the germs will get everywhere. Also, every morning, before I drink my milk, I sterilize my cup by washing it with boiling water because I'm afraid that the previous night insects were in there (also insects tend to occur a lot in my dreams. I also dream more now and I usually remember the dreams too). And I always wipe my plates clean before I put any food on them. The good news is I was never a really neat person so the fact that my room is messy is fine. It just has to stay clean.

Oh yeah, I've also grown a little bit more paranoid about stuff. Ever since that MedEntry guy said that universities can check up on your Facebook and social networking, I've been extremely cautious about what I say on Facebook and on this blog (even though if they read this blog I probably wouldn't get offered a position since I look like a person with no life (I do have a life by the way and enjoy interacting with other people)).

I hope I don't become like one of those people like Monk (Wikipedia the TV show), because although the show is cool, I don't want to end up being like that guy.

Office Quote of the day: The guys are having a little shindig of their own in the warehouse. From 2:30 to 3:15. That is the only time that Bob was available. Sort of a guys' night out. A 'G-N-O' if you will. A 'gno.' Actually it's more of a guys' afternoon in. A G-A-I. A gay. Not-- not... it's uh, not gay. It's, uh, just uh, it's a bridal shower for guys. A guy shower. An hour long shower with guys.

That is all.

No comments: